Thursday, February 15, 2018

Review: A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home

A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home by Henry Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great children's book with delightful drawings

This story has such delightful drawings! As an adult, I enjoyed the story. I learned about Audubon's techniques and that he employed a young boy to draw the backgrounds. I did not realize that Audubon killed and then positioned most of his subjects for drawing. I think children who are not sensitive to death of animals will enjoy this story.

Celeste, the main character, spends much time avoiding death by the household cat. She is also bullied by fellow rodents. And she is seeking a home. Along the way, she finds friendship, love, and many adventures.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed by the blog author prior to publication.