This year, dd11 is in 6th and dd9 is in 4th.
Our school year started with our Back-to-School Prayer service that our church has each year. When we broke down into groups, for specific prayers, I was asked to pray for our homeschoolers, which I cheerfully excepted of course!
Then, come Monday, August 17, our school days began. The first week, we eased into the year, not doing full days or all of the curriculum.
I got our workboxes in place (see older post about Sue Patrick's Workbox System) and the girls are enjoying them. We are getting more done, but sometimes I feel it's busy work because most of the "extra"things I have done so far have been worksheets with puzzles and other activities. However, they seem to enjoy the breaking up of the day with these items and I know we're getting some extra learning in. When I get my act together, I'm going to add in lapbooking components to the boxes.
Curriculum the kids are using:
- Saxon Math 76 (she'll start this next week, she just finished up Develomental Math book 15 and so we're moving on)
- LightHome Publication's Westward Ho Wagon Train writing (A themed ABC unit study type writing program.)
- A Beka Grammar & Comp I (She hates this and wants to go back to Daily Grams, so we'll see if we stick to it.)
- A Beka History
- Building Thinking Skills, Book 2
- Unit Studies
- Teaching Textbooks 4 (she'll finish this in a couple months and then she'll move on to Saxon 54)
- Daily Grams 4
- A Beka History (she asked for a history book like DD11's, so I got it)
- LightHome Publication's Crawly Critters Cursive (intro to cursive)
- Unit Studies (currently she's enjoying a BJUP BookLinks study of The Case of the Dognapped Cat by Milly Howard)
- Maybe some Spanish, since she's asked for it.
- Character Sketches (Bible and Science)
- Ohio Dailies (short lessons for Ohio history)
- Homeschool in the Woods' Time Traveler items as they fit in with our American history studies
- Grammar Punk
- Math-It for math fact practice
- A Beka Science at our local co-op
- Real Science4Kids Physics at our local co-op
- Gym class at our local co-op
- Drama at our local co-op
- Sewing at our local co-op
Plus all the extras that get put in their workboxes.
Another busy year!