Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Doubts and Encouragments

I don't know about y'all but it always seems to be about this time of year that I start wondering if I'm doing enough, wondering how we'll "get it all" done, trying to figure out what to do next year, trying to figure out how my youngest thinks (and sometimes the oldest too!), etc.  I tend to dig out some books of encouragement (and go to Convention!) to recharge my batteries.

Anyone else feel like this toward the end of the year????   Just wondering what books encourage you?

Here are a few of my favorite that I try to at least skim each year:

Educating the Whole-Hearted Child by Clay & Sally Clarkson  (supposedly a new edition is coming out, but it's been delayed since last fall)

Ignite the Fire by Terri Camp

Real Learning:  Education in the Heart of the Home by Elizabeth Foss (while I'm not Catholic and the author is, she says A LOT of things that I can appreciate)

Mitten Strings for God (not about homeschooling, but just general parent encouragement)

I Saw the Angel in the Marble by Chris & Ellyn Davis  (and their new one, I Carved the Angel from the Marble)

Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe by Todd Wilson

So what encourages you to stay the course that God has called you to.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed by the blog author prior to publication.