Saturday, May 5, 2018

Review: Welcome Home: Our Family's Journey to Extreme Joy

Welcome Home: Our Family's Journey to Extreme Joy Welcome Home: Our Family's Journey to Extreme Joy by Kimberley Woodhouse
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Such an inspiring book! I found this book after the author mentioned on Facebook that their family had been on Extreme Home Makeover and that she had written a book about it. Someone in the comments provided a link to the YouTube video of the episode. After watching the video, I checked to see if my library had the book. I was glad I could read the full story, as the video did not show the spiritual aspect of the family.

I really enjoyed this book. I appreciated the frankness of the author in dealing with her struggles to maintain joy through adversity. I usually struggle to read non-fiction, but this author writes in such an engaging way that I truly enjoyed reading. It reads like a novel. I would love an update that tells what has happened in the years since the book was published.

I'd recommend to anyone wanting an inspirational read or who is struggling to find the joy in their circumstances.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed by the blog author prior to publication.