Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Noel Calendar for Advent

Two years ago, we started doing Advent to help focus our thoughts more on CHRIST instead of the busyness of Christmas.

We purchased DesiringGod.com's Noel Calendar. It's rather plain looking as you can see below, but we absolutely love it!

Noel Calendar
It was designed by Noel Piper.
 
It come with a laminated sheet that tells you what to read each day.  It is the Christmas story broken down into 25 sections.  Each day you repeat the text from the days before adding today's part of the story, until the whole story is told Christmas morning. Each day the children put a different person/animal from the story up until the last day when Baby Jesus is finally placed in the manger.

My girls love it and love shouting out whatever word of the story that I leave out as I tell it.

I recommend it to everyone!  Unfortunately, it is no longer available!  But the good news is is that it will be back next year, revised and improved!  So set aside some money and get one next year from www.DesiringGod.org.


.


6 comments:

  1. I got to thinking and looked again where I thought I had stored it... then I tried a different drawer and there it was!


    A New Year's prayer for me would be "HELP!" I need order. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am trying to recreate the Noel's calendar for our family this year. Is there any way that you could send me the story that goes along with the calendar? I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -

    I'm interested in doing the Noel calendar for our family this year. Could you send me the story that goes along with the calendar?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the advent calendar and can't find my copy of the story. I wondered if you wouldn't mind sending it to me too!?

    I'd really appreciate it - here we are on day 12 - and, althought I'm doing my best to recreate the story - I just can't remember the order of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Noel calendar and can't find my copy of the story. I wondered if you wouldn't mind sending it to me too!?

    I'd really appreciate it - here we are on day 12 - and, althought I'm doing my best to recreate the story - I just can't remember the order of things!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed by the blog author prior to publication.