Monday, January 22, 2018

Review: Land of Silence

Land of Silence Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Once again, Tessa Afshar has done an outstanding job of taking familiar scenes from the Bible and turning them into an amazing story. This is my third novel from this author. I ended up staying up until 1:00 a.m. to finish it because I just couldn't put it down!

The author is very talented at creating a plausible backstory for the various Biblical characters within her stories. By the time we get to the scenes of the Bible that we already know, the backstory has made us feel so deeply for the characters that we forget this is just a fictional scenario of how the Biblical characters came to be part of that passage. The Bible gives us glimpses into various people's lives. Some more than others. Tessa Afshar gives us one possibility of their life fleshed out. And, oh what glorious tales they have been! Can't wait to read more of this author. I also hope some of the characters from Land of Silence make it into a book of their own! I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone who likes historical or Biblical fiction.

5 stars and I also purchased a copy for my church library. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed by the blog author prior to publication.