Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ever had a kid wake you up at 5:00 a.m. to do school?!

.

Last night I learned on the Five in a Row boards (thanks, Sheila!), that there would be an total lunar eclipse early this morning.  Here's how it would go:


Eclipse


Here's a picture of the full moon that I took before going to bed:

Full Moon


So, anyway,I told Elizabeth that if we got up in the morning, we'd watch it.  I set my alarm for 4:40 and went to sleep.   A little after 5:00 a.m., Elizabeth wakes me up, saying it's time!   I had forgotten to turn my alarm on!

We went outside, but the moon had already gone down into the tree line of the hill behind us.  So we went for a drive!  

We got to watch it until it went full eclipse.  Here are a couple pictures I took:

Eclipse

Eclipse2

Next time I need to remember to take the tripod, so I can let the shutter stay open longer!

We came back home to get dh off to work and also woke up my younger daughter.  We headed back out to view the rest, but it was a bit foggy and moonset had occurred, so we never saw it again.

What a great way to start school! 

Thank You, Lord, that we are able to homeschool and take advantage of such times!  Thank You, too, that the girls are eager to see Your wonders.  Also, thank You, for the FIAR board, where I often learn about such great opportunities!





.

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so cool. We tried taking pictures of the last lunar eclipse, but ours came out terrible. It was fun going out to watch, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched most of it but I did forget to take photos. i think yours are pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool!


    I have a child with Tourettes and OCD, so actually - yes, she does wake up in the middle of the night and work on her schoolwork if she can't get back to sleep. She'll leave me a note telling me what she did and not to wake her at the usual time.


    So, you can see why the title of this post caught my attention! ha! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed by the blog author prior to publication.